{"'Liebchen, this is the other half of the earth. In Germany you would be yellow and blue.' Mirror-metaphysics." - Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow}

Dear TDEC

I was just listening to some of the stuff that I used to listen to when I was in my early teens, things like Suede, The Pixies, Renegade Soundwave, Sonic Youth, The Stone Roses, dEUS, Meat Puppets, Heather Nova… and of course Blur. TDEC, remember that Blur concert in Cologne when we were 15? I think I accidentally threw out the plastic cup Damon gave me, when I was getting rid of some old things in my bedroom in my parents’ house, forgetting what it was, how he had said “there is someone in the front row with a fan and it’s so cute.” Thank God we hardly knew what a man was back then, hahaha!

Remember how I was obsessed with Rimbaud and knew just about the complete Une saison en enfer by heart and the pilgrimages to Charleville-Mézières, and how you were enchanted by Lord Alfred Bruce Douglas? And that time we went to school in those incredibly flashy outfits that made even the teachers grin? How we would stay at your mother’s house in Brussels to go the VK?

Okay, I hereby solemnly promise never to post anything sentimental and nostalgic like this again – but it was nice thinking about it.

No comments:

Archives